Are you looking to improve your business’s packaging capabilities? Investing in a stretch film machine is a smart move to increase efficiency and save valuable time. But with so many options, how do you choose the best stretch film machine for your company? This guide will provide you with the key factors to consider when making your decision. Keep reading to learn about the different features to look for when making a smart purchase for your business.
Your employees’ safety should always be a top priority. To ensure that the stretch film machine you choose is safe, review the design, procedures, and safety features of the machine, including:
- An automatic stop or safety bumper to halt the machine when it detects an obstruction;
- Safety guards to prevent hands or loose clothing from getting caught in moving parts;
- Adequately sized turntables that can safely fit pallets without corners sticking out;
- Top platen pallet hold downs for unstable pallet loads; and
- Sealed and enclosed wires and motors to prevent burns, tripping, and electrocutions.
It’s important to consider the size of your product loads, your packaging workflow, and your operational environment. These factors will influence the kinds of safety features you need. For example, if you frequently work with unstable loads, it’s essential to invest in a rotary arm pallet wrapper that can keep those loads stable. This allows you to wrap each load securely and efficiently as it sits on the floor without putting workers at risk of being near tipping, collapsing, or otherwise precarious pallets.
Ease of Use
Choose a stretch film machine that is easy to use to ensure smooth workflows and increased efficiency. Consider these factors as you determine your machine needs:
- Easy and efficient film loading
- Adjustable settings to suit a variety of pallet sizes and shapes
- Clear user instructions and operator training
- Professional installation and setup
- Straightforward programming for better control over different wrapping operations
User-friendly controls are also essential. Opt for machines with clear control panels, responsive buttons, and easy-to-understand settings.
Durability and Dependability
A stretch film machine should be a reliable and long-lasting investment. Choosing a stretch wrapping solution that offers consistently high performance and minimal downtime is key to improving productivity and efficiency in your packaging workflow. When evaluating the dependability of a machine, pay attention to the following:
- Material quality
- Manufacturer’s warranty
- Efficient maintenance and repair services
- Live 24/7 customer support for repairs and maintenance
Finding a machine that combines superior design and technology with robust, dependable customer service ensures a solution that keeps working hard for as long as you need it.
The primary function of a stretch film machine is to secure pallet loads. As such, pallet stability and product protection are among the most important things to look for when choosing the best stretch film machine for your company. A high-quality machine will ensure load safety with features like:
- Tight wrapping and adjustable tension control for varying levels of containment force;
- Multiple wrap settings to suit a wide range of load types;
- Automated film cutting and sealing features to ensure a secure wrap all the way to the end; and
- Roping and other techniques to lock the load to the pallet.
Find the features you need and solutions you can trust when you choose Robopac USA as your stretch film machine supplier. Explore a wide variety of packaging equipment when you work with our team today.